Peer-Reviewed Journal Essays
- “Transcendental Style Reconsidered: Absence, Presence, and ‘a Place which Is Not-a-Place,’” in Journal of Film and Video 73.3 (Fall 2021).
- “Israeli Cinema Studies: Mapping Out a Field,” co-authored with Yael Mazor, in Shofar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies 38.1 (Spring 2020).
- “’The King’s Daughter Is All Glorious Within’: Female Modesty in Judaic-Themed Israeli Cinema,” in Journal of Jewish Identities 9.1 (Spring 2016).
- “‘Strange Times to be a Chicken’: The Meaning of a Metaphor,” in Short Film Studies 6.2 (Spring 2016).
- “‘Lifting the Veil’: Judaic-Themed Israeli Cinema and Spiritual Aesthetics,” in Jewish Film & New Media 3.1 (Spring 2015).
- “Judaic Cinecorporeality: Fleshing Out the Haredi Male Body in Avishai Sivan’s The Wanderer,” in Shofar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies 33.1 (Fall 2014).
- “‘A Remarkable Adventure’: Martin Luther and the 1950s Spiritual Marketplace,” in Cinema Journal 52.3 (Spring 2013).
- “Introduction: Israeli Cinema beyond the National,” co-authored with Rachel S. Harris, in Casting a Giant Shadow: The Transnational Shaping of Israeli Cinema (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2021).
- “‘I Have a Great Passion for Americans’: The Juggler and the Question of National Cinema,” in Casting a Giant Shadow: The Transnational Shaping of Israeli Cinema (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2021).
- “Teaching Trauma in (and Out of) Translation: Waltzing with Bashir in English,” co-authored with Alison Patterson, in Media and Translation: An Interdisciplinary Approach (London: Bloomsbury, 2014).
- “Negotiating Judaism in Contemporary Israeli Cinema: The Spiritual Style of My Father, My Lord,” in Israeli Cinema: Identities in Motion (Austin: University of Texas Press, 2011).
- Book Review: “Studying Waltz with Bashir / Giulia Miller,” in Jewish Film & New Media 7.1 (Spring 2019).
- “Afterthoughts on Martin Luther (1953) and Christian American Cinema,” in Flow 17.12 (May 2013).
- Book Review: “Celluloid Sermons: The Emergence of the Christian Film Industry, 1930-1986 / Terry Lindvall and Andrew Quicke,” in Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television 32.4 (December 2012).
- “Mishima” / “The Duellists,” official entries, American Film Institute Catalog of Feature Films, 2011.
- “The Return of the Western,” in Cinematheque 151 (March-April 2008) (in Hebrew).
- “Iwo Jima and the Unbearable Heaviness of Myths,” in Cinematheque 146 (May-June 2007) (in Hebrew).